1. A fire door must have a label attached.
2. A fire door frame must have either an attached or an embossed label.
3. A fire door must be self-latching.
4. A fire door must be self-closing.
5. If a fire door is held open, it must be equipped with a listed heat responsive device, fusible link or a smoke detection device.
6. A fire door must be free of any obstructions which could prevent the door from operating properly, i.e., wedge door stops, chains, hookbacks, etc.
7. Only listed fire door hardware shall be used.
8. A fire door must have steel bearing-type hinges. (Exception: Non-bearing plain steel hinges may be used if they are part of a listed assembly.)
9. Doors swinging in pairs that require astragals shall have at least one overlapping astragal. Pairs of doors within a means of egress shall not be equipped with an astragal that inhibits the free use of either leaf. A coordinator or open-back strike should be used to ensure proper closing.
10. Fire doors with glass lights: a. The glass frame and glazing bead must be metal. b. The glass must be labeled wire glass not less than 1/4" thick or as permitted by the labeling agency.
11. Fire doors with fusible link louvers: a. Only listed louvers can be used. b. Louvers can be furnished in 1-3/4" thick doors with a 1-1/2-hour or a 3/4-hour (no louver and glass light combinations are permitted). c. Maximum louver size is 24" x 24". d. Louvers are not permitted to be installed in doors with fire exit hardware or in